Monday, October 18, 2004

Boondocks cartoon?

Apparently, Cartoon Network is developing a cartoon based on the comic strip "The Boondocks." While I rather like the strip, I don't know how well it'll translate to cartoon format - the strip's humor seems way too verbal to make for a good animated series. But, then again, this is Adult Swim we're talking about, and I don't think they've gone wrong yet. Except for Case Closed!


http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/search/search_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000589052

Also funny is that the notoriously right wing Fox channel was originally eyeing this but decided to pass. Big surprise there.

   - posted by Mike @

I heard about Cartoon Network making a Boondocks cartoon. I'm not much of a fan of the comic strip. Hell, only reason why I ever read it was because the artist grew up close to me back in Maryland. We'll see though.

# posted by Blogger Jim : October 19, 2004 at 8:38 AM

I honestly have never read the strip, my local paper doesn't have it. I just think it's funny how right-wing FOX is, because I still remember what mavericks they were at their debut... I mean, they were airing "MARRIED... With Children" (which I'm a big fan of) way before Roseanne ever fit herself on the TV screen.

It's a shame...

# posted by Blogger Tyler : October 19, 2004 at 10:12 AM

Post a Comment    Back To Main


That's not all, folks! Browse the archives:

Free Counters
Smith & Noble